DOCman is a fantastic component, so why not make it even more useful for your site?
Something that many users may want to do is display your list of files outside of the DOCman component.
Sure the DOClink plugin allows you to link to DOCman documents, but it doesn't really allow you to list your documents automatically within your content items.
That's where the DOCman File Listing Content Plugin comes in to save the day!
New version 1.5.8 Features!
- Added a new layout: select dropdown lists (initial version...still needs input/work) (Corresponding key when calling plugin: useDropdownLayout)
- Added a new layout: categories (now you can simply display only the categories if you'd like...the layouts make use of this one) (Corresponding keys when calling plugin: useCategoriesLayout)
- Added more robust file extension support (added in all icons from default DOCman template and added support for a generic image to be used when no appropriate icon is available)
- Added check to see if a document has been checked out, if it has then the Check-in link is displayed in lieu of displaying the Update link
- Added ability to hide empty categories (Corresponding keys when calling plugin: showEmptyCategories, hideEmptyCategories)
- Added ability to configure the date display format (for those that want to be more detailed and show the time as well as the date or just want to display the date differently).
- Added ability for the category count to be displayed (Corresponding keys when calling plugin: showCategoryCount, hideCategoryCount)
New version 1.5.6 Features!
- Completely reworked the data retrieval portion of the plugin to preload data in chunks, rather than load records one by one.
- Added support for my preload() method within the DocmanRouterHelper class (so if you copy over my custom router.php file into components/com_docman then the number of queries needed when SEF is enabled should be greatly reduced).
- Added canUpdate() method to DOCmanListHelper class.
- Added the canUpdate() text into the layouts.
- Added some additional language keys into the language file.
- Added some additional configuration options for the menu buttons (now you can turn on/off each of the Downloads Home, Search Documents and Submit Files buttons as well as use a custom URL for the Downloads Home link).
- Added some additional text that gets displayed when you install the plugin to make sure and inform users that they should go and Enable the plugin if they are installing it for the first time.
- Added ability for custom height/width to be used for the table layout with preview Layout Option.
- Added New List Layout (Corresponding key: useListLayout)
- Added New Table with Preview Layout (Corresponding key: useTableLayoutWithPreview)
- Added Category Primary Field Ordering Capability (Corresponding keys: categoryOrderByName, categoryOrderByParentId, categoryOrderById, categoryOrderByOrdering along with categoryOrderAscending, categoryOrderDescending)
- Added Category Secondary Field Ordering Capability (Corresponding keys: categoryOrderByNone2, categoryOrderByName2, categoryOrderByParentId2, categoryOrderById2, categoryOrderByOrdering2 along with categoryOrderAscending2, categoryOrderDescending2)
New version 1.5.2/1.5.3 Features!
- Added ability for server's last update time to be used, rather than the value stored within DOCman (useful for those uploading documents via FTP). Thank you d2drummer! (Corresponding keys when calling plugin: useSystemUpdateTime, useDocmanUpdateTime).
- Added ability to remove the "/" (forward slash) character from being displayed before the Category Name. Thanks d2drummer! (Corresponding keys when calling plugin: showForwardSlash, hideForwardSlash).
- Added ability for Category Names to not be linked directly to their category page (instead, just the name is displayed with no link). Thanks marbz! (Corresponding keys when calling plugin: showCategoryLinks, hideCategoryLinks).
- Added ability for the Downloads Home, Search Documents, and Submit Files buttons (normally only available on the actual DOCman Component Page) to be displayed by the plugin. Thanks r2bmanag! (Corresponding keys when calling plugin: showMenu, hideMenu. You may also simply use to display the menu once wherever you'd like and leave this option disabled.).
New version 1.5.1 Features!
- Added Display of the Uploaded By Field (in addition to the existing: Name, Size, Added On, Last Updated On, and Downloaded columns)
- Added Show/Hide Capability for following columns: Size, Added On, Last Updated On, Uploaded By and Downloaded.
- Made categories displaying files collapsible (and the option configurable)
- Reduced database query usage (unfortunately, DOCman's methods being used within the plugin still generate quite a few...I'll look into fixing this in an upcoming revision)
- Added ability to display document description in a mootools tooltip when hovering over the document name
- Added ability to change parameters on the fly when calling the plugin using the following keywords (case-sensitive): orderByName, orderByDate, orderByHits, orderAscending, orderDescending, showTooltip, hideTooltip, showSize, hideSize, showAddedOn, hideAddedOn, showLastUpdatedOn, hideLastUpdatedOn, showUploadedBy, hideUploadedBy, showUsersActualName, showUsername,showDownloaded, hideDownloaded, showExpanded, showCollapsed.
- Added automatic parameter reset capability (otherwise, after changing the parameters dynamically in one call, subsequent calls to the plugin will continue to use the same settings).
- Display files from a single category -
- Display files from multiple categories (with pipe separators) -
- Display files from subcategories up to a specified depth - ...this translates into "get subcategories and files up to 3 levels deep from category 37"
- Display files from subcategories up to a specified depth and exclude certain category titles (with colon separator) -
- Each table created is sortable!
- Uses DOCman's built-in access controls!
- Pretty icons and default styling!
- << Prev