At it's simplest ArtCats is a module that allows you to display a list of Articles and/or Categories on your site.
Basic Functionality (Automatic Mode turned OFF):
- Displays a static list of Articles (from a given Category)
- Displays a static list of Categories (from a given Section)
Dynamic Functionality (Automatic Mode turned ON):
- Displays a dynamic list of Articles (from any Category...uses the URL to determine which Category to display Articles from)
- Displays a dynamic list of Categories (from any Section...uses the URL to determine which Section to display Categories from).
- Displays a dynamic combined list of Categories and Articles (from any Section...uses the URL to determine which Section to display the Categories/Articles from).
- Displays a dynamic expandable list of Categories and Articles (from any Section...uses the URL to determine which Section to display the Categories/Articles from).
- Sitemap Mode - Displays a complete list of Sections, Categories and Articles in a hierarchical list with Expandable capabilities.
Additional Parameter Options:
- Enable/Disable Show Up on Article Pages
- Enable/Disable Show Up on Category Pages
- Enable/Disable Show Category Article Count
- Enable/Disable Show Empty Categories
- Enable/Disable Combined Category and Article List
- Enable/Disable Exclude Current Article (applicable only on an Article Page)
- Set Custom Articles Mode Title
- Set Custom Categories Mode Title
- Set List Limit (default = all)
- Set Article Field to Order By
- Set Article Field Order Type (Ascending/Descending)
- Set Category Field to Order By
- Set Category Field Order Type (Ascending/Descending)
- Set Template Type for Module Mode
- Set Article URL View Type (Article/Edit Article)
- Set Category URL View Type (Blog/List)
Feel free to visit our Demo Site in order to see these examples live!
Static Configuration Examples (the module will display the same output no matter which page it's on)
Articles Mode (with Automatic Mode turned OFF)
Categories Mode (with Automatic Mode turned OFF)
Dynamic Configuration Examples (the module will only display itself on com_content article, category and section views and will be hidden on others when set to display on all pages)
Article Page Examples:
Category Page Examples:
Section Page Examples: