The 1.5.9 version is a fairly major update that provides a completely new layout called nestedtable which provides an even nicer way to browse and display your files!
Also new in this version is a Joomla 1.7 compatible version of DOCman List!
New version 1.5.9 Features!
- Added a new layout: You can now have your folders output more like they would be on your filesystem (Corresponding key when calling plugin: useNestedTableLayout)
- Added a new layout: Same as the above one, but just doesn't include the files in the output (Corresponding key when calling plugin: useNestedCategoriesLayout)
- Added new CSS code that makes the output HTML displayed more compact. You can enable/disable this option as needed if you'd like to revert back to the older output (enabled by default) (Corresponding key when calling plugin: useNewCSS, useOldCSS)
- Added ability for categories with zero files to have the category count hidden (Corresponding keys when calling plugin: showEmptyCategoryCount, hideEmptyCategoryCount)
- Added ability for the folders to be expanded to a particular level automatically (only applicable to the new Nested Table / Nested Categories layouts)
- Added ability for folders to be displayed before files (prior to this the output has been the opposite...only applicable for the new Nested Table / Nested Categories layouts)
- Added ability for folders to be expanded by clicking on the <h2> category heading as well as the +/- image
- Changed Zebra striping to use CSS3 nth-child selector instead of the row1 class (also added zebra striping for the nested layouts)
- Added a fix for people using jxtended Finder (the plugin was using JPATH_BASE instead of JPATH_ROOT, so if called from the backend the plugin would run into a fatal error
- Fixed the table output for the table and nestedtable layouts (the <tr> within each <thead> tag was missing the corresponding </tr> tag which resulted in invalid output)
- Forced Output Caching...this should help reduce server strain and page load times on sites with lots of Files to display.
Note: Please install Customized System SEF Plugin
When using DOCman List there is a high probability that you will cause Joomla's default System SEF Plugin to break, because of the regular expressions and error handling it uses. This will result in a WSOD (White Screen of Death) with no apparent reason/cause. The solution is to download and install (FREE) the Updated System SEF Plugins (available for Joomla 1.5 and 1.7) from the Downloads area.
Want to see what other features DOCman List has? Check out the Features page! Want to see the plugin in action? Check out the DOCman List Plugin's Example page on our Demo Site (it's been newly updated an example of the nestedtable layout)!